Update on my 1973 Beetle...


Here is a quick update on my Beetle. The reconditioned twin Weber 31 ICT carburettors I bought arrived. Also, the parts I ordered last month from USA have arrived too!! These include: Empi roller type accelerator pedal (old one kept falling back and sticking - dangerous!!), new oil sump drain plug/bolt (original was worn and damaged), Empi quick shift kit (makes gear stick travel shorter and more precise), high precision chrome alumminium crankshaft pulley with timming marks, Pertronix electronic ignition kit, Scat dual carburettor linkage kit and Scat Porsche 356 twin carburettor manifolds.

Earlier this week I also bought a new front bumper from a 1975-76 Beetle, which has the indicators on it. It arrived today and came with new indicators and bumper mounting brackets. Now I have to buy some bog and paint to remove the original indicators/blinkers from the top of the front guards. Look out for a special post about this in the near future!

I also ordered today a few more bits from http://www.cip1.com/ (USA). These include: 8mm high performance spark plug cables, Pertronix chrome 40,000 volts Flamethrower coil, pair of front 2 1/2 inch drop spindles, two cone air filters to suit my twin Weber ICT carburettors, and an ignition switch. I have already by-passed my ignition switch with a custom alarm system and push-button start, but I'm not sure if the standard igtion setup is necessary for the car to pass it's registration test.

Well that is it for now (I think!!). Keep checking this blog for new posts containing the instalations of the parts mentioned above, among others!! And as always, please let me know what you think!!
 

Car New Mode Copyright © 2008 D'Black by Ipiet's Blogger Template